Users can send Internal Messages to anyone in their practice that has a WELL user account. Whether or not that team member normally has access to the patient channel with the internal message, if they need to be part of the conversation, you can loop them in. Before, users may have needed to send an email or go through a series of extra steps to collaborate. Internal Messaging within WELL allows communication about patients between team members to stay in one consistent place. This also allows all users involved in the patient case to have the ability to look back through the communication feed at any time.
To send an internal message:
- Select the relevant patient channel.
- Select "Internal" to send an Internal Message.
- Type the @ symbol along with the name of the user or user group you want to mention. Once you type the @ symbol, you'll receive some suggestions of who you might be trying to message internally. The mention can appear anywhere in your internal message.
- Type your internal message. (This is a great opportunity to use Smart Phrases!)
NOTE: If there are no active internal messages on a patient channel, the default will be to send a message to a patient.
Resolving an internal message
You can resolve Internal Messages, you've sent to other users, from within the patient channel. If you've sent something that is addressed outside of WELL, you can:
- Find the internal message you sent.
- Click on the yellow dot next to the relevant internal message.
- Click resolve.