As an Enterprise User, you can set up automations that can be used across the practices in your enterprise. This is a convenient feature when you want to have standard cadences of reminders at each location (or don't want to keep repeating the same automations over and over again). These automations are referred to as default automations can be further customized at the practice level.
Creating an Default Automation
- Navigate to Enterprise Settings and select Default Automations.
- Select Create Automation.
- Select Automation Type (e.g. Appointment, Procedure, or Recall) and add a short Description.
NOTE: You will make adjustments to the Resource from which you wish to send the automation and specify who you wish to send the automation to at the Practice level.
- Enter Automation Content (e.g. "Hi Jon, your appointment is...")
- Select when Automation Timing (e.g. 2 Days before, 1 Hours before, 4 Hours after, etc.). For instant automations, you can select to opt-out patients who schedule appointments in the same day (e.g. Walk-Ins who don't need reminders) by "Suppressing same-day reminders." For most other automations, you can decide to send this during business days only which as based off the set practice hours.
- Select Automation Aggregation (e.g. Allow Wizard to merge any messages that may be conflicting or sent in same day to avoid multiple messages sent to patient)
Editing Enterprise Automation
As an Enterprise user, you may want to edit the default automations so it affects all practices that are using the automation. To edit:
- Navigate to Default Automations.
- Select the automation you wish to edit by clicking the three vertical dots on the right side and choose Edit Automation.
- Change desired section: Automation Type, Automation Content, Automation Timing, or Automation Aggregation.
- Select Update when done.
Editing Enterprise Automation at the Practice Level
As an Enterprise user, you may simply set up Enterprise automation and then hand them over to individual practices to customize the automation resource and specify who it should be sent to. Editing these automations at the practice level is similar to editing other automations.
- Navigate to Practice Settings and select Automation.
- Select the automation you wish to edit by clicking the three vertical dots on the right side and choose Edit Automation. Enterprise Automations appear in a grayer shade than practice-level automation.
- Select who to send Automation Resource From (e.g. Provider, Location, Device etc.)
- NOTE: Make sure the resource(s) are connected with a Phone Line.
- Select the Event Types (e.g. New Patient, etc.), Resources (e.g. Provider, Location), Appt Status (e.g. Confirmed, Unconfirmed, etc), External Status (e.g. No Show, Cancelled, etc.)
- Notice that you will be unable to edit other categories.