When Broadcast messages don't suit your volume needs, campaigns will allow you to engage patients en masse. You can now bring in your own data and put it to work. By importing a .csv file from your system, you can save your staff from creating massive call and mailing lists. Campaigns allow you to design the perfect outreach simply and quickly.
Creating a Campaign
- Select Campaigns from your menu in the far left corner.
- Click Create Campaign.
- Upload your .csv file with MRNs or Person IDs and give it a description so that you can easily refer back to it. Click Next.
- Your file must be a single column of MRNs with no header and no excess information. You will retrieve this file from your EMR and then simplify it.
- Upload your file by dragging and dropping it, or clicking into the "Choose a file" box.
- Click next.
- NOTE: WELL can only send campaign messages to patients that have been established in WELL (meaning that the patient must have a past or future appointment listed in the WELL application). If you need to send messages to patients that have not yet had any appointments in WELL, work with your WELL representative to create a patient load from your EMR before sending the campaign.
- Choose a line to associate this campaign with.
- Your Campaign message will appear under the line you select, but be sent outbound from a distinct short code. A short code is a 5 digit number --this is used in lieu of the full phone number due to restrictions that phone carriers place on the number of texts that can be sent from a single phone number.
- Click Next.
- Build your message the way you would with the content of an automated message.
Sending a Campaign
At this point, you are ready to schedule your campaign. You can choose when you send it as well as how many messages you send in a given timeframe. It may be appropriate to throttle the number of outbound messages based on the volume of potential responses that you and your staff can handle.
- Select whether you start your campaign now or later. If you choose later, you will need to specify a start date and time.
- Select a daily start and end time. Depending on how many messages you choose to send in a given timeframe and the length of your list, your campaign may send out over multiple days.
- Toggle based on whether you wish the campaign to send out only on business days.
- Decide on the speed at which you want to send your campaign (from 10 messages per hour to as fast as possible or ~ 600 messages per hour).
- Allow your .csv to load, then click Create Campaign.
- Click on the three dots on the right to start the Campaign.
- If you want to check on the progress of your campaign, you can navigate back to the Campaigns section of your menu and see if your campaign is pending, queued, running, paused, or complete.
Using a Campaign as a Template
If you know you want to re-send essentially the same campaign, you can reuse a previously sent one as a template. It will assume all of the same settings unless you choose to make changes along the way.
- Use the three dots next to the campaign you wish to use and select Use As Template.
- Follow the instructions above if you wish to make any changes.
Check on the Status of Campaigns
Wondering about the progress of your campaign? Simply use the toggles at the top to check in.
Pending: Has not been set to Start
Queued: Preparing to send
Running: In the process of Sending
Paused: Was manually paused by a user
Complete: Has finished Sending.
What Users See:
What Patients See:
If Patients Respond:
If a patients responds to one of your Campaigns via text message and you reply to them, any response your staff send will be from your practice's number and not from the short code.