Customize your office hours in WELL to reflect when your practice is open, meaning when a patient can expect a response. This may vary depending on the day, which is okay too.
- Click Set Your Practice Hours.
- If you have multiple schedules, start by selecting the days your clinic is open at the same time. For instance, Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Make sure you select each day (don't worry if they appear out of order).
- For your second (or third) schedule, click +Add Schedule. Maybe you're also open on Saturdays from 8 AM to 12 PM.
- You will also customize an after-hours automated response to reply to patients who text your practice when you're not there (Learn how in the next section)! If your practice does not use bi-directional messaging, you can set your practice hours for all days of the week from 1:00 AM to 1:01 AM, so that the after-hours message always goes out.
Set After-Hours Auto-Response
Customize your after-hours response to communicate with patients that you're not there and when they might hear from you.
- Type the copy you wish patients to receive when they text after-hours.
- Use Smart Phrases to customize your message.
- Add translations to better communicate with a multi-lingual patient population.
- If your practice does not use bi-directional messaging, you can set your after-hours message to communicate with patients that the line is not monitored for two-way messaging.
Setting Your Practice For Holiday Hours
You can get your practice ready for holiday closures without major adjustments at the end of the business day prior to the holiday, causing an after-hours message to go out for the duration of the holiday:
- In the menu, go to Practice Settings.
- Set your Open Time to 1:00 AM and Close Time to 1:01 AM
- Feel free to change your after hours message to incorporate a holiday greeting.
- On the next open business day, remember to update your Office Hours first thing in the morning.
- If you do not want automation to go out to patients on 12/25 or 01/01, you will need to pause any automations that would normally go out on Mondays. As you do this, please keep track of which automations you pause and remember to turn them back on first thing Tuesday morning. NOTE: Any patient who would have received an automation on Monday will not (e.g. a patient with a Wednesday appointment that would normally receive a two-day reminder would not receive this notification).