Customize your office hours in WELL to reflect when your practice is open, meaning when a patient can expect a response. This may vary depending on the day, which is okay too.
- Click Set Your Practice Hours.
- If you have multiple schedules, start by selecting the days your clinic is open at the same time. For instance, Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Make sure you select each day (don't worry if they appear out of order).
- For your second (or third) schedule, click +Add Schedule. Maybe you're also open on Saturdays from 8 AM to 12 PM.
- You will also customize an after-hours automated response to reply to patients who text your practice when you're not there (Learn how in the next section)! If your practice does not use bi-directional messaging, you can set your practice hours for all days of the week from 1:00 AM to 1:01 AM, so that the after-hours message always goes out.
Set After-Hours Auto-Response
Customize your after-hours response to communicate with patients that you're not there and when they might hear from you.
- Type the copy you wish patients to receive when they text after-hours.
- Use Smart Phrases to customize your message.
- Add translations to better communicate with a multi-lingual patient population.
To avoid an after-hours message being sent to patients who are simply sending a "Thank you" back, this message will only respond to patient messages greater than 30 characters.
If a staff member is working on WELL after practice hours, the after-hours message will not be sent to patients so that your staff member can respond accordingly to your patient.
If your practice does not use bi-directional messaging, you can set your after-hours message to communicate with patients that the line is not monitored for two-way messaging.