Your EMR data is seamlessly integrated real-time with WELL. If you need to "add" a patient, the best place to start is your EMR. However, it may have been awhile since a patient has had an appointment and you still want to reach out to them. A manual add should be a temporary solution to contact a patient because it does not sync with your EMR and limits your communication abilities (you can only send them Unsecure Manual Messages and cannot view demographic information). If you find yourself manually adding patients frequently, please contact us at email@example.com so we can look at other, more sustainable options.
To Manually Add a Patient:
- Make sure you first search WELL to verify that the patient is not already there.
- If the patient is not found, you will be given the option to Add A Patient.
- Simply enter First Name, Last Name, Mobile Phone, and the phone line with which the patient should be associated.
- The patient will show up with a question mark next to their name to indicate to you that they're unverified.
- You can also manually add a patient from your Settings Menu.
NOTE: Depending on your practice settings, you may or may not have permission to manually add a patient. If not, please contact your practice administrator.