Phone Lines are text-enabled phone numbers that practices use to message their patients. Each practice can contain multiple lines and users can be assigned permissions to specific lines. To add a new phone line to a practice, please reference this article.
Each line has customizable features, including:
- Outbound Settings: The phone number and email address that patients see associated with messages
- Associated Resources: The location, provider, or other resource used for scheduling. If a line at a specific location is used for specific practitioners, these resources can all be associated with specific lines, allowing for easy filtering, automation, and establishing staff permissions.
- Line Hours: The business hours for the specific line.
- After-Hours Response: What patients receive if they text in during non business hours.
The after-hours response will only send if the inbound message from the patient is greater than 30 characters.
- NOTE: Line Hours and After-Hours Response can override the practice's settings, meaning different lines within the same practice can have distinct hours and after-hours responses.
To Edit An Existing Phone Line
- Use the Menu in lower left corner.
- Select Lines from the practice settings menu.
- Use the three dots to select the line you wish to edit.
- You may wish to change the line name, email address, add or take away resources, or change the line hours.
Deleting Erroneous Phone Lines
Administrative users are not currently able to delete phone lines once they have been created for a particular practice. If you create a line in error, please follow the instructions above to change the line name to be prefixed with ZZ and remove the associated phone number. For additional questions, please contact email@example.com.